À̸§  
  ÀÚ·á½Ç (ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 2003/03/25
Á¦¸ñ  
 [ÀÚ·á] Rachael Lampa - 4ȸ ¹æ¼Û

Rachael Lampa Stats

Full Name: Rachael Maureen Lampa
B-day: Janurary 8, 1985
Hometown: Louisville, CO
Family:Dad (Phil), Mom (Marianne), Brothers (Ryan 17,Nathan 9) and Sister (Colleen 12).
School: Monarch High
Favorite Christian Singer(s): Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith, Jaci Velasquez, Plus One and Some Others

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Biographical Questions

What is your full name? Rachael Maureen Lampa.
How old are you? When's your birthday? Rachael is 16. Her birthday is January 8, 1985.
What's your ethnic background? Rachael is 50% Filipino (her dad was born in the Philippines), 25% Hungarian, and 25% Irish, and 100% awesome.
How tall are you? 5 feet.
How many sisters/brothers do you have? 1 sister (Colleen who's 13) and 2 brothers (Ryan who's 18, and Nate who's 10).
Are you still going to high school? Yes. Rachael is a sophomore at Monarch High School in Louisville, Colorado.
Where were you born? She was born in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and lived there for 7 years before moving to Louisville, Colorado, where she lives now.
What activities do you enjoy? "Me and my friends are entertained really easily...we could sit around and just laugh for hours, but other than that, we love movies, go carts, snow boarding, sledding, jet skiing when it's warm....anything really!!!"

Faith Questions

When did you realize God wanted you to sing for Him? Two days before Rachael was "discovered" at Estes Park by Word Records' Brent Bourgeois, Rachael was at a youth conference. "I was at a youth conference and experienced something very powerful. It was the last night of the conference and I realized I hadn't made the most of this weekend. So I got on my knees and asked God what He wanted for me, because it was just a time in my life when nothing was happening. Then, I was asked to go on stage and sing because there were people in the conference having emotional experiences. I felt that was God's answer to my question, that He wanted me to help show people to His Word." She realized then that God wanted to use her in this way. It's been said "as if once Rachael's eyes were opened to the power of her gift, God wasted no time throwing open the doors." ( Release Magazine).
What's your favorite Bible verse? 1 Timothy 4:12: "Let no one despise your youth, but be an example of the believers, in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity."
Favorite book in the Bible? "The whole story of Job. It's the first story that I really understood from the Bible. It helps me to realize how much I take for granted. I don't feel as sorry for myself as much anymore. I've become more thankful for things in life and knowing that my pain is in God's plan, and it will only work for the better."
What kind of church do you go to? Rachael is a Charismatic Catholic, and attends St. Louis Church in Louisville.
Do you believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit? "COMPLETELY!!! I believe that salvation is a gift from God, it is not through anything that we do or have done."
What's one thing that surprises you about the bigness of God? "God never puts you on hold even though billions are calling on Him at the same time. The fact that He gives an unlimited supply of love is what amazes me the most."
What Biblical character do you most identify with? "In more of a non-literal way, Job."
Is it hard to live the Christian life at school? "It's a little hard being at school and being around all these people who desperatley need God, but every morning I wake up and know that God will be right next to me throughout the day and that's what keeps me going."
What's do you do that most helps keep you on your walk with God? "To keep a close walk with Christ, I just remember that I need to keep the communication going, I talk to Him all day like He is my best friend and I tell Him everything that's bugging me and I know that He is listening."

Personal Questions

How can we best pray for you? "I guess I would just say to pray for the health and safety of my family. We're all kinda leading a crazy life here, so it would be great if they could be lifted up!"
What is your most embarrassing moment? When she was in Rome for World Youth Day performing with Cindy Morgan and Burlap to Cashmere in front of 40,000 people... "I was coming off the stage after singing, and I just fell! That has got to be the most embarassing thing I ever did. I'm just glad that not many people saw me."
What are your favorite colors? blue and yellow
What's your favorite song from your album? "Blessed" (because she wants to convey that we are all blessed, have our own God-given gift that He wants us to use for Him, and none of us are necessarily more important in His eyes. He gifts us differently, but equally.) and "Shaken."
Who are some of your favorite singers? Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Amy Grant, Leann Rimes, Faith Hill, Christina Aguilera, Jaci Velasquez, Crystal Lewis, Michael W. Smith, Point of Grace, Lenny Kravitz, Tim McGraw, Lauryn Hill ("I could go on and on...").
Who are your role models? "My parents. My Mom has determination, the drive and the passion to do things. My Dad is more laid back. He's got a good heart. Both of those combined...I just want to be like that. And also Amy Grant because of the way she's kept her audience in mainstream and in Christian. She's always kept her fans..."
What's the first album you bought? Amy Grant's Age to Age
Favorite bands? Burlap to Cashmere, Plus One (especially "I Will Rescue You"), Dave Matthews Band, dc Talk, Audio Adrenaline, U2, Colplay...
Favorite song? "Just To See You Smile" by Tim McGraw
Favorite movies? Dumb and Dumber, Tommy Boy
Favorite Disney movie? The Little Mermaid (she loves Flounder)
Favorite cartoon? "Rugrats"
Favorite TV show? "Friends"
Favorite actor/actress? Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston
Favorite subject? Lunch
Favorite food? "I like so many things...I love ice cream...cookies and cream, strawberries with whipped cream and sugar." Also cheeseburgers.
Favorite candy? "Pixy Stix (I know I know, they're really bad 4 U, but I luv em)."
Favorite fragrance? "My fav smell is this pear lotion from Victoria's Secret!"
Fashion favorites? "My favorite clothes are Guess, Laundry, American Eagle, and you can't forget Abercrombie & Fitch! My favorite make-up brand is definitely M.A.C. My favorite hair care product would have to be Thermasilk because it is good for my hair when I blow dry. And if I don't blow dry it, my hair gets all kinky!"
What has been the hardest thing for you, being in the spotlight at such a young age? "Pretty much just getting used to stuff. It's not that hard, though, because I have such awesome people around me -- my manager, my company, my family and my friends -- everybody has been helping me prepare. So there's nothing really scary or hard about it. God's doing it, and God's going to be with me through it, and it's just another way of living life."
What would you change about the world? Rachael said in Testify Magazine, "If I could change one thing about the world it would be the way the media portrays singers and performers. This is not about me; it's about God."
What do you enjoy doing in your free time? "I really like to write lyrics or letters or anything in my spare time...I wish I had more time and discipline to read, I think it is such an inspiring thing."
What qualities do you look for in a guy? "SENSE OF HUMOR, honesty, mind of his own, cries at movies =), ummmmm....gosh, I am pretty open minded about that actually!"
What's the best practical joke you've played on someone? "Prolly when I managed to smother 3 of my friends cars with whipped cream and toilet paper in one night"
What's the best practical joke someone's played on you? "Oh, I am the master, no one can get me!"

Music and Touring Questions

Who or what influenced you to sing? "My faith has definitely been what inspires me to sing, I have felt God's love and His calling so intensely that I would feel out of place doing anythign else."
Do you do any kind of singing exercises? "Yeah usually I make weird noises and stuff before I sing!"
What's the hardest song to sing from "Live for You"? "'Blessed,' but only like at the end of the concert when my voice is tired and stuff"
What's the hardest song you've had to sing (any song)? "Ummm, prolly 'I Love the Lord' by Whitney Houston."
How did you get signed? In the summer of 1999, "I was invited to perform at a late night concert for 'Praise in the Rockies' in Estes Park. After my performance, I was approached by several record company executives."
Do you ever lip-sync? "I have never lip-synched in my life! That would just be way too weird!"
How do you respond to critics who say you're too young? "I'm sensitive when people bring up the point that we young artists aren't as spiritually mature as older ones. We are all on a journey of faith, and no one is ever at their spiritual height until the day they set foot in heaven. We took action because God called us at an early age. The fact is, people of all ages are just beginning their journeys of faith, and I think people can grow with us instead of feeling like they are growing up to us."
How long have you been singing? Rachael has been singing since she learned how to speak. She first sang publicly at church when she was 5 years old ("When I was five years old at a big church in Ann Arbor, MI. There were probably about 500 people there. I was really, really, really nervous. My Mom told me that if I didn't like it I would never have to do it again, but I walked out there and loved it and wanted to do it for the rest of my life.") By age 10, she was singing the National Anthem at Colorado Rockies games.
What is your vocal range? 3 1/2 octaves.
Have you had voice lessons? "I took lessons when I was 11 for about a year. Then I quit. It was mainly breathing that I studied. It helps save my voice and not make me strain as much...keeps it healthy for a long time. I have started back up with a lady in Nashville...sounds, consonants, lots of things...."
How long will you keep singing? "I am totally set on performing and ministering as long as this world will let me! I feel that God has called me to do much more than break in to the biz and sell a few records. I think God has placed an enormous calling on my heart, and I plan to continue listening to and following Him until I get to heaven."
Who would you most like to sing a duet with? Boyz II Men
Are you coming to _______ anytime soon?/What are your tour dates? Check the Calendar section of rachael-lampa.com
Who are you touring with? During the fall of 2001, Rachael will be touring with Plus One and Stacie Orrico.
Who have you toured with? Rachael has toured with the cast and crew of the Child of the Promise in 2000, and has had concerts with Stacie Orrico, Boyz II Men, Jamie Slocum and FFH.
When is the next album coming out? Tentatively, in the Spring of 2002.
What are the current radio singles? "Blessed" on Christian Adult Contemporary; "Shaken" on Christian Hits Radio; "Always Be My Home" on Mainstream Adult Contemporary (as of Feb. 2001)
How many #1 songs have you had? 2 - "Live for You" and "God Loves You"
What other songs have you recorded that aren't on your albums? "There Is Still a Dream" on One, "We Will Always Remember" on Lullaby for Columbine, and "I Choose You" on One Silent Night (For more details, see the Music section of rachael-lampa.com)
Do you write your own songs? Although Rachael didn't write any songs on Live for You, she had a good deal of input in the writing process. She spent a week with the songwriters in a house in Franklin, Tennessee, who wrote for her based on what she wanted to sing about and her life experiences. Except for "God Loves You," every song on Live for You was written specifically for Rachael during that time. Rachael herself has been writing songs since she was seven, and as of February 2001, has around 5 songs she feels complete and 20 or so she's working on.
Can we expect any Rachael-penned songs on your next record? "DEFINITELY!!!!!!"
Do you play any instruments? "I teach myself some songs on the piano, and my brother tries to teach me on the guitar, but it's never worked."
What songs did you sing in Estes Park that led to your being signed? Rachael sang a song she had just demoed called "Heart of an Angel" and "I Love The Lord" by Whitney Houston from The Preacher's Wife Soundtrack.
What songs did you sing during the "Child of the Promise" musical? Rachael sang "Ave Maria" in Latin and English and "What My Eyes Have Seen" with Avalon's Jody McBrayer during the musical. She played the role of Anna. (Rachael does not sing on the Child of the Promise soundtrack.)
If you could sing in any other musical genre, what would it be? "It would be fun to record a Spanish album or song."
With all the time you spend on the road, who or what do you miss most? "Although my mom travels with me, I still miss my brothers and sister, hanging with my friends and going jet skiing. It can be hard sometimes, but I have absolutely no regrets, and I wouldn뭪 trade this life for anything in the world. In my first single, a line says, 'I know it's gonna take a sacrifice/ I live for you the rest of my life.' I made the sacrifice of being away from home, but when God put that calling on my heart, I followed it immediately trusting Him to open the doors for me."
With all the competition, what makes your music stand out? "The lyrics of my songs go deeper than most of that in the mainstream market. I do have to say that at the same time, there are many artists in the mainstream that are doing a great job of keeping their music positive."
Do you want to reach the secular world? Although all of her songs are "totally Christian," Rachael is willing to follow God's will wherever He leads her. "I do want to reach out to the pop world, but if that crowd doesn't like me, that's fine. Because my ultimate goal is to get to heaven, and that's all I really care about." "I'm putting my trust in Him, and if that means staying in the Christian market, then I'll do that; and if it means in the mainstream, then He'll do that."
Do you get nervous before singing on stage? "I do get nervous on stage, I get nervous for smaller crowds, I have gotten used to larger crowds so I am used to that environment"
What advice would you give to someone who wants to start a career in Christian music? "You need to pray about it. I know it may be hard right now to put a lot of trust into Someone you can't see, but I KNOW for a fact that it will pay off immensely!" "It sounds like it would never work, but you just kinda gotta let things happen for themsleves. You have to take advantage of every opportunity that is put before you. Even if it seems like it's not worth it...even if it means singing for a crowd of 10 people, one of them could easily have connections and if this is what God wants you to be doing, He will put that person in that crowd."

Publicity Questions

What TV programs have you been on? Rachael has appeared on "The Jenny Jones Show" when she was 12, and "Life on the Rock" at age 14. Since Live for You, she has appeared on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," "Entertainment Tonight," "The View," "The 700 Club," "Miss Teen USA 2000," "CNN Showbiz Today," CNN en Espa?l's "Escenario," "Trackers," "Stopwatch Entertainment Television," "The American Teacher Awards 2000," "The Hour of Power" at the Crystal Cathedral, and the TBN broadcast of "The Child of the Promise."
What magazines/newspapers have you been in? See the Articles section at rachael-lampa.com.
What awards have you been nominated for? When she performed in October 1997 at the World Championships of Entertainment in Los Angeles, Rachael walked away with three medals in her age category - in gospel for "I Believe," country for "How Do I Live?" and pop/contemporary for "Unchained Melody." In 2000, Rachael was nominated for a YoungStar Award for Best Young Recording Artist or Musical Group, and in 2001 is nominated for 4 Dove Awards: Female Vocalist of the Year, New Artist of the Year, Inspirational Recorded Song of the Year for "Blessed", and Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year for Live for You.
Is there an address where we can write you? Rachael Lampa, c/o 25 Music Square West; Nashville, TN 37203
--------------------------------

Rachael's Bio
Rachael Lampa is a typical 15 year old teen who loves talking on the phone, playing basketball and listening to music. She listens to pop divas like Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, and others along that line.

A day in the life of Rachael Lampa looks similar to that of any given 10th-grader at Monarch High in Louisville, Colorado, near Boulder. I get up at 6:30, crawl to the shower, dry my hair and finish my homework from the night before," says Rachael, a typical American suburban teenager who occasionally peppers her usually articulate conversations with "like, you know?" and this-or-that "thingy." Talking with Rachael is like talking with any other happy, well-adjusted adolescent girl, for the most part. There's basketball; she's a stand-out point guard on the girls' jr. varsity team ("I love playing, but I don't watch it on TV--it bugs me"), church ("I love my church...our youth group leader is so cool...") and school ("My favorite subject is lunch; it's very educational. I taught myself how to peel an orange in one piece with an aluminum pop-top").

But Rachael Lampa, the Monarch High point guard and champion orange peeler, and Rachael Lampa, the budding pop diva, would seem to have very different schedules. Sports and school lunches had to wait when Rachael went to London for the recording of the prestigious London Session Orchestra's contribution to her much-anticipated Word Records CD, Live For You. The church youth group and Fellowship of Christian Athletes met without her when Rachael stayed in Nashville for meetings with some of Music City's most successful songwriters.

"We knew she had a God-given talent from the beginning," says Marianne Lampa, a stay-at-home mom of 4 who met her husband Phil while both were working as nurses in an Indiana hospital. "We've encouraged her to sing whenever and wherever it's appropriate. Just not while the rest of her brothers and sisters are trying to eat or do their homework," Mom says, laughing. "I've dreamed of being a recording artist, for as long as I can remember," says Rachael. "I grew up listening to Christian music, especially Amy Grant's El Shaddai from Age To Age was the first thing I heard." She was quickly at home on a stage, from The Jenny Jones Show's Young Talent Search (at 12) to finishing in 2nd place at the World Championship of Entertainment and her frequent performances of the national anthem at Colorado Rockies baseball games, Rachael's childhood dreams seemed destined to come true.

Though Rachael had already been a regular performer by the time her age hit double-digits, it was a "chance" incident that brought her talent to the rapt attention of Nashville record executives at a conference in Estes Park, Colorado. "I had never even heard of ?Praise in the Rockies ", but this guy who was lining up the performers happened to be staying with one of our friends, down here," says Rachael. "He heard my voice on a demo tape of our friend's song, and he wanted to hear more."

Two days later, Marianne Lampa got a phone call from Estes Park, it was the same fellow, Danny Meeker, asking if Rachael could come up the next day and perform two songs. Rachael remembers the moment: "I was, like, getting my hair cut or something, and Mom called me and said, ?Oh, by the way, there will be people from five record companies there listening to you...and you'll be singing after Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith."

A daunting task for a 14-year-old, but she handled it like a pro, at least on the outside, (?I was freaking out!") and the record execs swarmed like flies to honey. "When I got done singing, I started to walk backstage and the first person I saw was this guy who said, ?Hi, I'm Brent Bourgeois from Word Records." I thought, ?A record company? I'd never met anybody from a record company before!"

Plenty of times that week, mother and daughter made daily trips up to the mountains to meet with several record representatives, and, shortly thereafter, the drives became flights to Nashville for more meetings. At the tender age of 14, Rachael Lampa signed a long-term artist agreement with Word Records and her new friend Brent Bourgeois. Looking back just a few short months, the teen sensation is surprisingly reflective. "I would not have been prepared for this to happen any earlier," she says. "When I went to Estes Park, I had just been to a great youth conference in South Dakota, and my faith was building fast. It was the right time. I was really ready for this to happen, and God opened all the doors."

Indeed, it's her vibrant, personal faith in Jesus Christ that is at the center of Rachael Lampa's busy young life. From the parental discipleship of the senior Lampas ("My parents are from really strong Christian homes themselves") to her close relationships with adult role models at St. Louis Church and her high school's chapter of Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Rachael is fully supported and thoroughly grounded in reality, despite the whirlwind of recording sessions and media interviews.

In the midst of juggling all of these priorities, Rachael is quick to count her greatest blessings. Without pausing for a breath, and with the unbridled enthusiasm of a teenager in love with life, Rachael rattles off her list: "An awesome, supportive family and friends! The ability to keep up a normal life in a regular high school...people that care about me and pray for meâ??쫡he privilege to have grown up with faith and the knowledge of God. God around me, and God's presence, always with me." Though she's not a songwriter ("yet!"), Rachael, A&R vice president Brent Bourgeois and the rest of the Word Records team have taken great care to make sure that the songs she sings are close to Rachael's heart and mind, reflecting her experiences in the writing talents of Christian music's brightest and best songsmiths.

To that end, the multi-talented Bourgeois (who is also an award-winning producer/singer-songwriter/artist) put together a most unusual creative conclave. Singer-songwriters Cindy Morgan, Chris Rodriguez, Chris Eaton, Ginny Owens, David and Nicole C. Mullen, and Michelle Tumes joined Bourgeois for a few weeks songwriting retreat in the Tennessee countryside.

"Mom and I stayed there a few days at the beginning, so I could tell them about my life, my faith, everything. One day, I went for a long walk with Cindy and Michelle, and I told them about my friend's mom dying...they talked. It was a special time I won't forget."

The result of Rachael's visit was a flood of inspired creativity too many songs to choose from, in a fraction of the expected time. "I loved every one them; it was hard to pick!" From the up-tempo debut single, "Live For You" (a Chris Eaton/Chris Rodriguez co-write), to heart-stopping power ballads like Chris Eaton's "Always Be My Home" and a gospel-flavored Morgan/Owens collaboration, "Blessed" ("It's been my favorite from the beginning"), Rachael Lampa's too-mature-to-be-15 vocal prowess is matched by the passion that comes from a deeply-felt intimacy with her God. Brown Bannister, the album's co-producer, echoes this. "She sings these songs like they are coming from the depths of her soul."

For this pint-sized powerhouse, this diva without a driver's license, the pure joy of singing about her faith surpasses all the fanfare. "I hope I can help point people, especially kids??straight to God, to his comfort and to his Word. This has been such a blessing for me."

Source:
I got the information above from the Word Records website for Rachael Lampa. To go to that site, scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on the Word Records link button.

Thanx a lot Word Records!

---------------------------------------------------------

Rachael¡¯s Biography
Sixteen-year-old Rachael Lampa loves the pop divas: Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston and their like. But this 5¡¯ diva-in-the-making had to tape the ¡°Divas Live¡± TV special to watch later; a phone interview with an entertainment journalist kept her up past her bedtime, and her first period Spanish class starts at the un-lovely hour of 7:30 a.m. ¡°I don¡¯t mind it,¡± she insists. ¡°I¡¯m a morning person...after 10 minutes, I¡¯m fine.¡±

A day in the life of Rachael Lampa looks like that of any given 10th-grader at Monarch High in Louisville, Colorado, near Boulder. ¡°I get up at 6:30, crawl to the shower, dry my hair, finish my homework from the night before,¡± says Rachael, a typical American suburban teenager who occasionally peppers her usually articulate conversations with ¡°like, you know?¡± and this-or-that ¡°thingy.¡± Talking with Rachael is like talking with any other happy, well-adjusted adolescent girl, for the most part. There¡¯s basketball; she¡¯s a stand-out point guard on the girls¡¯ jr. varsity team (¡°I love playing, but I don¡¯t watch it on TV--it bugs me¡±), church (¡°I love my church...our youth group leader is so cool...¡±) and school (¡°My favorite subject is lunch - it¡¯s very educational. I taught myself how to peel an orange in one piece with an aluminum pop-top¡±).

But Rachael Lampa, the Monarch High point guard and champion orange peeler, and Rachael Lampa, the budding pop diva, would seem to have very different schedules. Sports and school lunches had to wait when Rachael went to London for the recording of the prestigious London Session Orchestra¡¯s contribution to her much-anticipated Word Records CD, Live For You. The church youth group and Fellowship of Christian Athletes met without her when Rachael stayed in Nashville for meetings with some of Music City¡¯s most successful songwriters.

And her brother Ryan drove to Monarch High by himself the week that Rachael flew to Nashville to record a duet with the legendary Aaron Neville, an event that seemed almost ho-hum until Rachael was told about Neville¡¯s famed duet with one of her heroes (¡°THAT¡¯s him? The guy who sings ¡®Don¡¯t Know Much¡¯ with Linda Ronstadt? I listen to that song every day! I¡¯m singing with HIM? Oh my gosh!¡±).

Aaron Neville wasn¡¯t the first to be wowed by Rachael Lampa¡¯s prodigious talent - it was evident early on in her young life. Very early, in fact: family legend has it that Rachael belted out tunes from her baby crib and could sing perfect harmony by age 4. From time to time, her singing got her in trouble - despite her parents¡¯ pride in their child¡¯s talent, enough was enough, and singing too loud at the dinner table won Rachael a trip to her room more than once.

¡°We knew she had a God-given talent from the beginning,¡± says Marianne Lampa, a stay-at-home mom of 4 who met her husband Phil while both were working as nurses in an Indiana hospital. ¡°We¡¯ve encouraged her to sing whenever and wherever it¡¯s appropriate. Just not while the rest of her brothers and sisters are trying to eat or do their homework,¡± Mom says, laughing.

¡°I¡¯ve dreamed of being a recording artist, for as long as I can remember,¡± says Rachael. ¡°I grew up listening to Christian music, especially Amy Grant - ¡®El Shaddai¡¯ from Age To Age was the first thing I heard.¡± She was quickly at home on a stage, from The Jenny Jones Show¡¯s Young Talent Search (at 12) to finishing in 2nd place at the World Championship of Entertainment and her frequent performances of the national anthem at Colorado Rockies baseball games, Rachael¡¯s childhood dreams seemed destined to come true.

Though Rachael had already been a regular performer by the time her age hit double-digits, it was a ¡°chance¡± incident that brought her talent to the rapt attention of Nashville record executives at a conference in Estes Park, Colorado. ¡°I had never even heard of ¡®Praise in the Rockies,¡¯ but this guy who was lining up the performers happened to be staying with one of our friends, down here,¡± says Rachael. ¡°He heard my voice on a demo tape of our friend¡¯s song, and he wanted to hear more.¡±

Two days later, Marianne Lampa got a phone call from Estes Park - it was the same fellow, Danny Meeker, asking if Rachael could come up the next day and perform two songs. Rachael remembers the moment: ¡°I was, like, getting my hair cut or something, and Mom called me and said, ¡®Oh, by the way, there will be people from five record companies there listening to you...and you¡¯ll be singing after Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith.¡¯¡±

A daunting task for a 14-year-old, but she handled it like a pro - at least on the outside (¡®I was freaking out!¡¯) - and the record execs swarmed like flies to honey. ¡°When I got done singing, I started to walk backstage and the first person I saw was this guy who said, ¡®Hi, I¡¯m Brent Bourgeois from Word Records.¡¯ I thought, ¡®A record company?¡¯ I¡¯d never met anybody from a record company before!¡±

She met plenty of them - that week, mother and daughter made daily trips up to the mountains to meet with several record representatives, and, shortly thereafter, the drives became flights to Nashville for more meetings. At the tender age of 14, Rachael Lampa signed a long-term artist agreement with Word Records and her new friend Brent Bourgeois. Looking back just a few short months, the teen sensation is surprisingly reflective. ¡°I would not have been prepared for this to happen any earlier,¡± she says. ¡°When I went to Estes Park, I had just been to a great youth conference in South Dakota, and my faith was building fast. It was the right time - I was really ready for this to happen, and God opened all the doors.¡±

Indeed, it¡¯s her vibrant, personal faith in Jesus Christ that is at the center of Rachael Lampa¡¯s busy young life. From the parental discipleship of the senior Lampas (¡°My parents are from really strong Christian homes themselves¡±) to her close relationships with adult role models at St. Louis Church and her high school¡¯s chapter of Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Rachael is fully supported and thoroughly grounded in reality, despite the whirlwind of recording sessions and media interviews.

In the midst of juggling all of these priorities, Rachael is quick to count her greatest blessings. Without pausing for a breath, and with the unbridled enthusiasm of a teenager in love with life, Rachael rattles off her list: ¡°An awesome, supportive family and friends! The ability to keep up a normal life in a regular high school...people that care about me and pray for me...the privilege to have grown up with faith and the knowledge of God. God around me, and God¡¯s presence, always with me.¡±

[ÀÚ·á] Stacie Orrico - 4ȸ ¹æ¼Û
[ÀÚ·á] Shine MK - 4ȸ ¹æ¼Û (ƯÁý)

[ccm´º½º] 21tv Âù¾çÇÁ·Î±×...