Name:
Stacie Joy Orrico

Siblings:
One of 5 siblings, middle child

Birthday:March 3, 1986

Lives:
Born In Seattle,WA and now lives in Denver,Colorado

Signed to Record Label:
She was signed 2 years ago to Forefront Records and for the last year she's been writing and recording and devoloping a new sound.

Songs she had written:
Co wrote and wrote Don't Look At Me,Genuine and Dear Friend from her upcoming CD.

Discovered at:
Stacie was discovered at a 1998 Christian Artist Seminar winning top honors in the 12-18 age bracket.

Album released:
August 29

First single, Don't Look At Me released:
on June 2

First Music Video: For the song "Genuine". World Premiered on August 26,2000 on PAXTV

CD Sales: Her CD, Genuine, sold over 13,000 copies the first week making her the First New Female Christian artist with the highest sales ever!

Siblings : She is one of five siblings; Stacie is the middle child, age 14, and the two youngest Orrico's are a set of twins.
Family Pets: 1 dog,1 cat,11 fish
Inspiring Artists: Crystal Lewis,Lauren Hill,Christina Aguilera
Hobbies: Baking,Shopping, hanging out in the sun and playing football
Favorite Hang out: With a group of friends or at the mall!
Fast Food : Sonic
First Song Ever Played on Piano: Mary had a little lamb
Shes Been Singing Since: "before I could speak!"
Favorite Subject in School: Stacie is homeschooled and enjoys Science the most
Favorite Character in the bible: Esther
Most meaningful scripture: Psalms 100:1-5
Most Memorable Experience While recording the Album: "One of my producers tried to get me to rap.. it was so funny!"

------------------------------------------------

Stacie Orrico

In an age when teen pop rules the music world it's easy to forget that being a teenager is more than just having killer abs, choreographing some hip dance moves and exuding a coy sexuality. Growing up is a time for self-discovery: finding what makes you unique and nurturing and allowing that God-given light to shine.
Genuine is the debut CD from Stacie Orrico and as the title suggests, it's a record filled not with artifice or superficiality but real, from the heart emotion, intelligence and joy. Produced by some of the industry's leading names who have worked with artists like dc Talk, and Jaci Velasquez, including Tedd T., Mark Heimermann and Michael-Anthony (Mooki) Taylor and featuring tracks that have the flavor of R&B /pop and the positivity of the gospel, Genuine is an infectious and inspiring collection of songs from a gifted young artist.

Stacie is quick to point out that her songs, three of which she wrote or co-wrote, contain messages that speak even beyond her Christian faith. As influenced by Crystal Lewis as she is by Whitney Houston and Lauryn Hill, Stacie aims to give a sometimes-misunderstood genre of music a more universal appeal. "I know that for some people Christianity carries a major stereotype and I don't want to make people turn and run. I just want to show people, especially other teens out there who maybe aren't of the same faith that I am, that my music stands for something a little deeper than the coolest hairstyle or the hottest clothes. I have found something real and something important that keeps me stable and focused and maybe people my age will hear my music and they will say, 'I wonder what she has that I don't?' If someone finds peace or answers in my music, that's cool."

And it's also cool if her tracks make you wanna move as evidenced by the sparkling pop first single "Don't Look At Me," co-written by Stacie. The song talks about how easy it is for people, especially teens who want idols or heroes, to look up to celebrities as role models. "This song is really a plea for them to look at me only to see what I hope to reflect--God's steady and trustworthy love. "Don't Look At Me" has a teen pop appeal but it's laced, as are most of the cuts on Genuine, with an R&B edge; which was one of Stacie's stylistic goals. "I am very determined when it comes to my music," Stacie laughs, her maturity belying her 14 years, "and I grew up just loving those singers who had that urban sort of feeling. So when it came down to making my record, I wanted to have that as well. ForeFront was really good about letting me go in that direction and then of course adding the more pop sounds. I feel very fortunate that I got to explore some unique and creative angles musically."

One of those facets is apparent on the touching "Dear Friend," which Stacie wrote. The moving song was written for Stacie's best friend who has been battling anorexia. Considering the personal nature of the song, "Dear Friend" is very close to Stacie's heart but as with all of her songs, the message of hope and of being happy with who you are, no matter what you look like, is one that Stacie is directing to young girls everywhere. "My biggest passion and goal is to reach people my age and to encourage them. My friend going through these problems has made me realize that a lot of teens just don't realize how precious they are."

Stacie flexes more of her urban side on the R&B infused album opener, "Ride," an alluring song inviting the listener to "take a ride, on the other side, if you're lookin' for love, that you cannot find." "Our society always seems to be looking for excitement and satisfaction through various outlets, Stacie explains. The "rides" they take only leave them empty and searching for more. This song offers a hope that God's love won't let them down and will give them more than anything else they try to pursue in life."

Another song with a potent message, also co-written by Stacie, is the title track. With serious funk and bristling attitude, "Genuine" addresses the need for something real and truthful in our lives. "I'm struck by the lack of truth that we have to hold onto in the world. But I've found that there's something genuine and real and truthful that we can hold on to in knowing God, we don't have to be so wrapped up in ourselves."

Stacie has stayed genuine and true to herself by maintaining a focus that has its roots in her upbringing. One of five kids, Stacie is home-schooled and was born in Seattle, WA and moved to Denver, CO as a young child. The Orrico household was always filled with music and two years ago, the family decided to attend Praise in the Rockies, a Christian artist seminar held at Estes Park, Colorado. "I figured it would be fun," Stacie muses, "and I just wanted to see the concerts." With a friend's encouragement Stacie entered what she thought was just a little competition, purely for the fun of it. The competition turned out to be a much bigger event than Stacie or her family realized, and much to her shock, Stacie, who was only 12 years old at the time, won. Stacie was by her own admission blown away. But what would make the event even more memorable was when the Executive Vice President of A&R at ForeFront Records heard Stacie and approached her family about signing her to a developmental deal. "My family didn't even pursue this, we just knew that if God wanted it to happen it would. And it did."

Even with her obvious maturity and her uplifting outlook on life and her career, making the decision to enter the music industry at a young age was not one that Stacie took lightly. "My family knew nothing about the industry and all of sudden we had all these people talking to us and it freaked us out," Stacie admits. "There were times when I said OK, am I supposed to do this? This decision could change my family's lives. I had so many people telling me to wait; after all I was just 12! I was praying about this one day and I pulled out a Crystal Lewis record and listened to 'For Such a Time as This.' I heard her sing 'For such a time as this, isn't it much too great a risk? I've never flown from the edge of a cliff, I've never walked on the water, but if I turn away, how will I know what I have missed? Have I waited all my life for such a time as this?'"

As soon as Stacie heard those lyrics she realized that she had to seize this unique and heaven-sent opportunity. She could both pursue a dream and reach an audience that would listen to her, and Stacie knew that the decision to sign and to record was one that was meant to be.

That sort of thoughtfulness and clarity has been the driving force in Stacie's life and music, and that force - along with songs that will make you dance and reflect-is what makes Stacie Orrico so, genuine.

[ÀÚ·á] Plus One - 4ȸ¹æ¼Û
[ÀÚ·á] Rachael Lampa - 4ȸ ¹æ¼Û

[ccm´º½º] 21tv Âù¾çÇÁ·Î±×...