21tv

À̸§  
  ÀÚ·á½Ç (ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 2003/03/25
Á¦¸ñ  
 [ÀÚ·á] BLESSID UNION OF SOULS

BLESSID UNION OF SOULS

Formed in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, modern rock quintet Blessid Union Of Souls broke through in 1995 with the US hit singles "I Believe" and "Let Me Be The One". As a consequence, the band's debut album of that year, Home, became an international bestseller. Led by songwriters Eliot Sloan (b. USA; vocals) and Jeff Pence (b. USA; guitar), the band also includes Eddie Hedges (percussion), C.P. Roth (keyboards), Tony Clark (bass) and production collaborator Emosia. After intensive touring following their debut, the band enrolled the expertise of writers Tommy Sims and Shelley Peiken to help with new compositions for their self-titled follow-up set, issued on EMI -affiliated Capitol Records. Peiken's contribution, "Peace And Love", and Sims' "Light In Your Eyes", were among the strongest tracks on Blessid Union Of Souls, which the band conceptualized as a canon of "rural soul" songs. As Sloan told the press: "We"re not just straightforward pop, but country-flavoured, rock, and spiritual - all that pretty much meshes into one.' However, the critical reaction that greeted the first single lifted from the album, "I Wanna Be There", was less encouraging than expected. Another change of labels saw the band issuing Walking Off The Buzz on Push/V2 Records. The album was premiered by the highly catchy single "Hey Leonardo (She Likes Me For Me)".

Blessid Union Of Souls

ELIOT SLOAN - (lead vocals & piano)
JEFF PENCE - (guitars)
C.P. ROTH - (keyboards, bass & harmonica)
EDDIE HEDGES - (drums & percussion)
TONY CLARK - (bass & guitars)
BLESSID UNION OF SOULS: THE SINGLES

Without hype, without gimmicks, sometimes even without a record label, Blessid Union Of Souls has quietly established itself over the last five years as one of the premier pop bands. The Singles, their new collection on V2 records, offers a vital summation of where this compelling group has been - and brand-new cuts including "Storybook Life" provide an exciting glimpse at where they're headed.

From their haunting 1995 #1 breakthrough hit "I Believe" to the rousing 1999 smash "Hey Leonardo (She Likes Me for Me)," Blessid Union originally specialized in emotional, accessible tunes that speak directly to an audience. The group took its name from dialogue of the hit comedy series "M*A*S*H" and proudly developed one of the most dedicated, intense followings around. Bandmates Eliot Sloan (lead vocals, piano), Jeff Pence (guitars), C.P. Roth (keyboards, bass, harmonica), Eddie Hedges (drums, percussion) and Tony Clark (bass, guitars) are a true group, dedicated to making music that stands the test of time.

The success of "I Believe" propelled the strong sales of Home, which would eventually go Platinum and prove the quintet was more than a one-single wonder. While everything looked bright musically, business realities began to cloud the picture. Having begun their career on SBK Records, Blessid Union had shifted to sister label EMI before Home was released. Unfortunately, EMI shut down just weeks after the release of their self-titled second album, resulting in a move to Capitol. Despite the turmoil, Blessid Union managed to score hits with "I Wanna Be There" and "Light in Your Eyes."

For their third album, Blessid Union of Souls wanted to capture more of the high energy of the group's live shows, but Capitol preferred the band stick to ballads in the style of "I Believe." Agreeing to a friendly divorce, Blessid Union eventually brought its revitalized music to Push/V2, where they released Walking Off the Buzz, the group's most diverse and accomplished album to date. While fans of Blessid Union's early sound found plenty to enjoy, the big hit was "Hey Leonardo (She Likes Me for Me)," an exuberant celebration of real-life love. Supermodel Cindy Crawford, one of the celebrities mentioned in the song, liked it so much she even wrote Blessid Union a fan letter.

Along with all their signature tunes, The Singles includes the irresistible new songs "Storybook Life" and "...And Then She Hit Me," as well as a live rendition of "Hey, Leonardo" and a tremendous fan favorite, the punk/reggae version of "I Believe". Also featured is "Brother, My Brother," from the soundtrack of the hit feature film "Pokemon: The First Movie". "Storybook Life," the album's upbeat first single features rapper/singer/producer 3XL (from Three Time Loser). Scratching is provided by favorite underground dance music dj/producer, Boom Bip. "Storybook Life" will hit radio in early January and serves as the perfect introduction to this great collection. Its catchy melodic hooks, clever tongue-in-cheek lyrics and raucous vocals comprise a rollicking pop hit. Unlike "Hey, Leonardo," "Storybook Life" deals with how a man seduces the woman of his dreams by claiming she's more desirable than some of today's well-known, female heartthrobs.

At a time when so many artists seem to blossom and fade overnight, Blessid Union of Souls stands as a welcome exception, a band that's in it for the long haul. The classic pop songs on The Singles are built to last.

The Singles will be released on February 27, 2001.

ELIOT SLOAN - (lead vocals & piano)
JEFF PENCE - (guitars)
C.P. ROTH - (keyboards, bass & harmonica)
EDDIE HEDGES - (drums & percussion)
TONY CLARK - (bass & guitars)
BLESSID UNION OF SOULS: THE SINGLES

Without hype, without gimmicks, sometimes even without a record label, Blessid Union Of Souls has quietly established itself over the last five years as one of the premier pop bands. The Singles, their new collection on V2 records, offers a vital summation of where this compelling group has been - and brand-new cuts including "Storybook Life" provide an exciting glimpse at where they're headed.

From their haunting 1995 #1 breakthrough hit "I Believe" to the rousing 1999 smash "Hey Leonardo (She Likes Me for Me)," Blessid Union originally specialized in emotional, accessible tunes that speak directly to an audience. The group took its name from dialogue of the hit comedy series "M*A*S*H" and proudly developed one of the most dedicated, intense followings around. Bandmates Eliot Sloan (lead vocals, piano), Jeff Pence (guitars), C.P. Roth (keyboards, bass, harmonica), Eddie Hedges (drums, percussion) and Tony Clark (bass, guitars) are a true group, dedicated to making music that stands the test of time.

The success of "I Believe" propelled the strong sales of Home, which would eventually go Platinum and prove the quintet was more than a one-single wonder. While everything looked bright musically, business realities began to cloud the picture. Having begun their career on SBK Records, Blessid Union had shifted to sister label EMI before Home was released. Unfortunately, EMI shut down just weeks after the release of their self-titled second album, resulting in a move to Capitol. Despite the turmoil, Blessid Union managed to score hits with "I Wanna Be There" and "Light in Your Eyes."

For their third album, Blessid Union of Souls wanted to capture more of the high energy of the group's live shows, but Capitol preferred the band stick to ballads in the style of "I Believe." Agreeing to a friendly divorce, Blessid Union eventually brought its revitalized music to Push/V2, where they released Walking Off the Buzz, the group's most diverse and accomplished album to date. While fans of Blessid Union's early sound found plenty to enjoy, the big hit was "Hey Leonardo (She Likes Me for Me)," an exuberant celebration of real-life love. Supermodel Cindy Crawford, one of the celebrities mentioned in the song, liked it so much she even wrote Blessid Union a fan letter.

Along with all their signature tunes, The Singles includes the irresistible new songs "Storybook Life" and "...And Then She Hit Me," as well as a live rendition of "Hey, Leonardo" and a tremendous fan favorite, the punk/reggae version of "I Believe". Also featured is "Brother, My Brother," from the soundtrack of the hit feature film "Pokemon: The First Movie". "Storybook Life," the album's upbeat first single features rapper/singer/producer 3XL (from Three Time Loser). Scratching is provided by favorite underground dance music dj/producer, Boom Bip. "Storybook Life" will hit radio in early January and serves as the perfect introduction to this great collection. Its catchy melodic hooks, clever tongue-in-cheek lyrics and raucous vocals comprise a rollicking pop hit. Unlike "Hey, Leonardo," "Storybook Life" deals with how a man seduces the woman of his dreams by claiming she's more desirable than some of today's well-known, female heartthrobs.

At a time when so many artists seem to blossom and fade overnight, Blessid Union of Souls stands as a welcome exception, a band that's in it for the long haul. The classic pop songs on The Singles are built to last.

The Singles will be released on February 27, 2001.

------------------------------------------------------------
Brother my brother / Pokemon (Soundtrack)

Brother my brother
Tell me, what are we fighting for?
We've got to end this war
We should love one another
Oh, can't we just pretend
This war never began?
We can try, brother my brother

We face each other from diff'rent sides
The anger burns, can't remember why
It's kind of crazy to cause such pain
Our foolish pride makes us hate this way
We watch our world fall apart
Tell me, what good is winning when you lose your heart?

Brother my brother
Tell me, what are we fighting for?
Isn't life worth so much more?
We should love one another
Oh, can't we just pretend
This war never began?
Tell me why, brother my brother
We can try, brother my brother

Let's take a moment and look deep inside
And say that we'll learn to give love a try
We're not as diff'rent as we seem to be
There's so much more to me than what you see