name?: chris
age?: 28
home?: the woodlands, texas
band role?: vocal, guitar strummer
family?: dad, mom, two younger brothers
status?: single
personality type?: confident, fun
favorite sport?: golf
favorite food?: pizza (cheese, thin crust)
favorite song from the new record?: the wonderful cross
if i could trade voices with?: harry connick, jr.

Where are chris and the boys playing these days?

Breakaway--Texas A&M University
Passion/OneDay Conferences
Worship Together Conferences
Student Life Conference 2001
Student camps covering the US
Chris lives in The Woodlands where he leads The Harvest

Delirious with Chris Tomlin Saturday April 21, 2001 Mabee Center
- Expanded Theatre. TICKETS ON SALE FEBRUARY 9th!!! ...

http://www.passionnow.org/enter.htm [»õâ¿¡¼­ ¿­±â]
http://www.rivermusic.org/ [»õâ¿¡¼­ ¿­±â]

--------------------------------------

Chris Tomlin / The Noise we Make

Worship leader Chris Tomlin is one of the regular leaders at the Passion conferences and, as one of Americas most exciting young leaders has been signed up to the highly anticipated new record label, Six Step Records. His first album on the label is entitled ¡°The noise we make¡± and is packed with modern praise and worship. From the opening riff of the title track ¡°The noise we make¡± to the final chorus of ¡°We fall down¡± you will be engrossed by the music. Another impressive thing is the fact that out of the 11 tracks on the CD 9 were written, or co-written by Chris himself.
The album kicks off with the fast paced riff of ¡°The noise we make¡± featured on two of the Passion worship CD¡¯s, the song is already establishing itself as a favorite with many young worsippers. The song was inspired by Revelation 5 when thousands of angels give glory in a loud voice, and has a distinctive, rocky edge to it. ¡°Forever¡± starts off with an atmospheric guitar intro, setting a real worshipful feel to the song. The hook is real catchy with the line ¡°Forever God is Faithful, Forever God is Strong¡± Track 3 is another song which was featured on the mass-selling ¡°Passion-One Day Live¡± album, ¡°Kindness¡± is an intimate song of praise, telling of the endless mercy of God. ¡°America¡± is the track which appears next, it is up beat and fast with a great beat to it, the song kicks of with a voice praying on top of the music and then the song turns into a passionate worship song about the Lord moving through America. Of course for us who live in the rest of the world, I guess we¡¯ll just have to switch country names! In the early 1700¡¯s Isaac Watts wrote a hymn called ¡°The wonderful cross¡± it has been widely used since and is rearranged here by Chris Tomlin and Jesse Reeves. I was surprised to find a hymn on such a modern worship album however it is reworked to good effect, although starting in the traditional way, it soon gains a more modern beat to it. Chris is joined on this song by Matt Redman who sings most of the verses. It shows the popularity of this song, because despite its age I have heard it covered on Vineyards ¡°Doing the stuff live¡± as well as in its original style on a Kingsway recording. ¡°Captured ¡° was written by Joel Hanson, Chris had went to a Song writers evening in Nashville and heard Joel debut this song. Kindly Joel allowed Chris to record this song, and with writing like this you cant help but think that we might here more of Joel Hanson. ¡°Be Glorified¡± then leads into a exceptional cover of Martin Smith¡¯s ¡°Happy Song¡±, although the original means a lot to many people I honestly think that this version is a big improvement, mainly because, although fun the loud harmonicas on the original soon became cheesy however the harmonica is much more understated on this version, creating a real classic. ¡°I need you now¡± is a gentle song reminding us of our need for God, as without him we are hopeless, yet just one touch from him can change it all around. ¡°This is our God¡± describes the many giving ways of God, it is an acoustic track which really fits with the way the song creates such a gentle mood. The CD is finished with ¡°We fall down¡± sang in Setswana and recorded live from Botswana.
The CD is definitely a great introduction to Chris¡¯ work and has some really cool songs on which I have no doubt will take off in the congregational environment. The CD gives great impressions of the new label Six Steps and I am sure we will hear more good stuff from them in the future. Another bonus is the fact that included in the inlay card are chords for all of the songs.

THE NOISE WE MAKE
by Chris Tomlin
from Six Steps Records

Songs:
1. The Noise We Make
2. Forever
3. Kindness
4. America
5. The Wonderful Cross
6. Captured
7. Be Glorified
8. Happy Song