21tv

À̸§  
  ÀÚ·á½Ç (ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 2003/03/25
Á¦¸ñ  
 [ÀÚ·á] whisperloud

whisperloud

* whisperlouds bio

Whisper Loud: Three Oklahoma girls-a wheat farmer's daughter, a high school principal's daughter and the daughter of an auto-body repair shop owner-grew up in three radically different church traditions, all singing in public from a very early age. Drawn together through friendship, their love of music and a passion for Christ, these girls have a mission in common: they want their lives to speak louder than words, to show their generation that faith is a visible, real relationship with Christ. Grounded Tessa Gaskill, Keri Blumer and Alana Carris, all in their teens, have been friends since childhood. Tessa and Keri began singing together as children in a national program called American Kids, a performance group under the direction of Keri's mother, Rita, a music teacher. Pop songs, American standards, spirituals-you name it, they sang it. When Keri was nine years old, she told her mother that she wanted to give her talents to God, to sing Christian music. Within two years, Keri's mother started a group called Kids 4 Christ, that would allow her to do just that. Within two years, Alana Carris, who had memorized every Amy Grant song ever recorded, joined Keri and Tessa, and the threesome began singing as a trio called Braid. They were just 13.

"We've all grown up singing in our churches," Tessa says, "but the older we got, the more we all had that same desire, to do more than just compete and perform. We wanted it to count for something." "Ever since the day that we started that little group," Keri says, "we knew this was the kind of music we wanted to do. There was just something about ministering to others and in the process, the music also ministered to us." As amazing as it sounds, even as young girls, this threesome didn't take their gifts for granted. They knew early, Keri says, that "talent is God's gift to you, but what you do with it is your gift to God." "We all have great parents who have raised us in church," Alana says. "Having that strong foundation has developed that desire in us toward ministry.... We've always been taught the Word and what it says about how we should live. I know that God has given me this talent, and I want to use it to honor Him." Always learning toward that end, the girls took their group all over the place-anywhere they could-singing at churches and schools and in vocal competitions. They recorded their own independent CD and sold them wherever they'd perform. Last year, they even went to St. Petersburg, Russia, as part of an evangelistic team from a local college, raising the money themselves. And everywhere they went, the response was overwhelming. "When we were asked to go to Russia, it was basically because they needed something to reach kids and teens," Keri says. "We didn't really know what to expect, but each night after the speaker finished, the altar was overtaken by people hungry for God. It was such an eye-opener for us. We will never forget that experience." Tessa chimes in. "One of the coolest things there was just seeing how receptive the people were. You could feel the presence of God there. People were healed. I've never seen anything like it. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it."

Their experiences stateside and in Russia have solidified the desire that first brought them together: the desire to show others, through music but more importantly by the way they live, how much God loves them. Thus, their name: Whisper Loud, inspired by St. Francis of Assisi's profound twist on Scripture that says, " Go into all the world and preach the gospel. If necessary, use words." It is a constant reminder of the fact that the Christian life is less about preaching and more about being. "We don't want to just sing and leave," Alana says. "A big part of why we do this is to talk with kids, our age and younger, to hear what is happening in their lives and encourage them to live passionately for God." "Kids don't see a difference in Christians these days," adds Keri. "They see Christians do the same things that non-Christians do. They need to see us live out our faith. We want the actions of our lives to speak louder than the words we sing."

On the Move Convinced of the girls' call to ministry and excited by their musical gifts and their passion for life-having seen them perform for two years at the Christian Artists Seminar in Estes Park, Colorado-Benson Records' President John Mays signed Whisper Loud, performing as Braid, to a recording contract in October of '99. Whisper Loud's self-titled debut, produced by Mark Hammond (Nicole Nordeman, Cindy Morgan), showcases intricate harmonies intertwined with powerful pop/dance grooves and real life lyrics. And while a recording contract and a new album means more opportunities for professional growth, for Whisper Loud, the most exciting thing is the opportunity to reach more teenagers with the hope and reality of the Gospel.

"The three of us grew up in the middle of nowhere in Oklahoma," Tessa says. "We're just a little singing group from small towns, so this is all new for us, and we're excited to see what God will do." "We believe this album is an important part of our ministry, something to leave behind to serve people who we may or may not be able to meet face to face..." Keri says. "It's exciting because it kind of multiplies the message we're trying to communicate."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* whisperloud: whisperloud?

Whisper Loud, inspired by St. Francis of Assisi's profound twist on Scripture that says, " Go into all the world and preach the gospel. If necessary, use words." It is a constant reminder of the fact that the Christian life is less about preaching and more about being.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* whisperloud: whisper the facts!

intresting facts about whisper loud! Please if u know any facts send them in!

alana Carris

Her Birthday is August 6 1983
alana was the last one to join the group.
when she was 13 she memorized evrey amy grant song recorded.
her favorite travel exsperience is singing on a missions trip to russia
Her favorite sports team is the OSU cowboys
She likes any books written by Mary Higgens Clark
her favorite food is Fettuccini Alfredo - with chicken
her former job was babysitting
her favorite CD is WOW 2000
her first public performace was when she was two years old at church and she sang "Jesus loves me"
her musical influences are Amy grant, and her brother Jordan
her favorite advice is Stand strong for what you believe in. Have some self-confidence. You are special. God has made you and has formed you and loves and cares about you. Psalm 139
her favorite personal advice is Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know. Jer. 3:33
her favorite qoute is "I know God won't give me more than I can handle. I just wish he wouldn't trust me so much."

Tessa Gaskill

Her Birthday is April 10, 1984
a place she would love to travel is Australia, or anywhere with a beach.
her favorite sports teams are Tennesse Titans football, and OU basketball
her favorite food is Any kind of pasta (My Dad's spaghetti is the best!)
her MUST HAVE pizza topping is Cheese and mushrooms
her hobbies are Farm work (like driving the combine!), running her Mom's furniture store, delievering furniture, cleaning, and babysitting
her favorite classic CD is "Jars of Clay"
her first public performance was when she was three. She entered the little miss cowgirl contest and won singing about her old straw hat.
her favorite song is "I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever" and she likes praise and worship
her favorite personal verse is I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13
her favorite personal advice is " In life we are faced with a bunch of decisions. Turn to the Lord in every one you make and you'll never have to wonder if it was the wrong one. "

Keri Blumer

Her Birthday is January 11, 1984
her hobbies are Playing basketball with friends from her youth group
her favorite sports team is OSU
her early ambitiom was wanting to be an astronaut
her former job was a Waitress at the Shamrock Cafe'
her favorite new CD is SonicFlood and Skillit
her favorite classic CD Free at Last - dcTalk
her first performence at the age of 18 months in front of her church, she sang "Read your Bible, Pray Everyday."
when keri was nine, she told her mother she wanted to give her talents to God, to sing christian music.
her musical influnces are Great Grandpa Cecil Young, Grandpa Johnny Blumer, dcTalk
her favorite advice is If you have to ask if it's wrong, it probably is.
her favorite personal advice is "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" - Phil 4:13
her favorite qoute is Talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God.

other

when keri and tessa were 11, keri's mother started a group called kids 4 christ.
tessa and keri began singing together as children in a national program called American Kids.
when tessa and keri were 13. keri joined the band.
alana, keri, and tessa called themselves braid, untill they came up with the name whisperloud.
they performed for two years at the Christian Artists Seminar in Estes Park.
Colorado-Benson Records' President John Mays signed Whisper Loud, performing as Braid, to a recording contract in October of '99.

[ÀÚ·á] Caedmon's Call
[ÀÚ·á] Michelle Tumes

[ccm´º½º] 21tv Âù¾çÇÁ·Î±×...