21tv
[±è¸íÇõ] ´Ù½Ã µè´Â ±è¸íÇõ¸ñ»ç ¼³±³ - »çµµÇàÀü °...
[¹Ú¼ºÀÏ] [05/05] õ±¹Àº ÀÌ·± »ç¶÷ÀÇ °ÍÀ̴϶ó (¸¶Å...
[À̱¤¿ì] [05/05] ]´Ù ³»°Ô·Î ¿À¶ó (¸¶11:20~30)
[À±¹®±â] [08/19] ¹«³ÊÁø ³ª¶ó (¿­¿Õ±âÇÏ 17Àå 1Àý ~...
[À̵¿¿ø] ¿¡½º´õ¼­ °­ÇØ 6 - ¿¡½º´õ 5Àå
[µ¿Àιè] [12/29] Çϳª´ÔÀÇ ¿µ±¤À» À§ÇÏ¿© (»ç 43Àå ...
[±³°èÀÚ·á½Ç] ¼¼°è»ç ¼Ó¿¡¼­ º» 3.1¿îµ¿ / ±è¿ëÁ÷ ±³¼ö ...
±âµ¶±³°¡ º¸´Â Â÷º°±ÝÁö¹ý - Á¦¼ºÈ£ ±³¼ö ...
°Ç°­ÇÑ °¡Á¤È¸º¹ ¹æ¾È / °í¸íÁø ¸ñ»ç (¼ö¿ø...
[¼Û¿ëÇÊ] ¿¹¼ö´ÔÀÇ Ä¡À¯ »ç¿ª
[À¯°üÁö] (0121) ½ÅÃÌ(ãæõ½)±³È¸(ȲÇصµ ¼ÛÈ­±º)
[±³°èÁöµµÀÚ´ë´ã] »õº®±âµµ ½Å¾ÓÀÇ ¿µ¼ºÀ» ¿°¿øÇϸç - ´ë´ãÀÚ...
[±³È¸¼ø·Ê] [´Ù»ç¶ûħ·Ê±³È¸] ¹ÏÀ½°ú Àγ» (È÷10:36-39...
[´ë³óÁ¦Àϱ³È¸] Çսɱ⵵ÀÇ ´É·Â (Çà12:1-1...
[±¸¿øÀÇ ±â»Ý±³È¸] Çϳª´Ô²² ³ª¾Æ°¡´Â ¹ÏÀ...
-

À̸§  
  21TV (ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 2009/03/31
Á¦¸ñ  

I BELIEVE IN THE RESURRECTION OF THE BODY
AND LIFE EVERLASTING
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Dr. Glenn A. Jent, Pastor
INTRODUCTION
        This is the sixth in a series of sermons on The Apostles¡¯ Creed. We find in it a series of statements of what Christians have believed through the centuries. The creed has a series of 12 statements based upon the work of the three persons of the Trinity and may date as early as the second century. Regardless of its date of origin, its statements are based upon the teachings of the Bible. We have expressed previously our belief in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. In that belief, we find the foundation for believing in the subject for today: the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. (For details, see Paul¡¯s argument concerning the importance of Christ¡¯s resurrection in 1 Corinthians 15:12-34.)
I.        I BELIEVE IN THE RESURRECTION OF THE BODY.
1.        Our text supports the idea of a bodily resurrection.
(1) Jesus died and rose again—He could ingest food; His scars could be touched.
(2) Believers who have already died will rise from their graves to meet the Lord (at His coming for the rapture of the Church).
(3) Then, believers who are still alive will rise to meet Jesus in the air.
(4) Please note that there is no mention of the unbelievers at this time.
2.        Our resurrection body is described by Paul (see 1 Corinthians 15:35-58).
(1) The earthly body is perishable, dishonorable, weak, and natural (physical).
(2) The heavenly body is imperishable, glorious, powerful, and spiritual.
(3) We have born the likeness of the first man (Adam—the flesh) on earth.
(4) We shall bear the likeness of the second man (Jesus—the spiritual) in Heaven.
Thus, we believers await the heavenly shout, the voice of the archangel of God, and the blowing of the trumpet of God. It is at that point in time that the dead in Christ shall rise first—in their heavenly bodies. Then, we shall be changed ¡°in the twinkling of an eye¡± and caught up together with them in the air. Then, my Friends, we shall see face to face the glorious Savior in whom we have believed! Hallelujah!
II.        I BELIEVE IN LIFE EVERLASTING.
1.        ¡°We will be with the Lord forever.¡±
(1) Heaven is eternal in nature—¡°unto the ages of the ages.¡±
(2) Heaven is where our Lord is
(3) Heaven is where our treasures should be.
(4) Heaven is our home—where our Christian ancestors are!
2.        The life we have now as believers is also eternal in nature.
(1) ¡°Whosoever believes in Him (Jesus) shall have everlasting life¡± (John 3:16).
(2) This everlasting life means it is life without end.
(3) This everlasting life means no one can take it from you (see John 10:28-30).
(4) This everlasting life means you cannot lose it—¡°you shall never perish.¡±
When God gives us everlasting life, He does not take it back—ever! If He did, it would not be everlasting. No, God gives it to the believer; and the believer shall NEVER perish. We have this everlasting life NOW, and we shall live with God forever in His heavenly home. Hallelujah! What a Savior! What a mighty God we serve!
CONCLUSION
        Now you see why I believe in the resurrection of the body. Now you see why I believe in life everlasting. Do you believe? I know you do! Do you live as if you believe? That is another matter! Our belief in the resurrection to everlasting life in Heaven ought to change the way we think about the things of the world and the interests of the flesh.

04/12
3/29