21tv
[±è¸íÇõ] ´Ù½Ã µè´Â ±è¸íÇõ¸ñ»ç ¼³±³ - »çµµÇàÀü °...
[¹Ú¼ºÀÏ] [05/05] õ±¹Àº ÀÌ·± »ç¶÷ÀÇ °ÍÀ̴϶ó (¸¶Å...
[À̱¤¿ì] [05/05] ]´Ù ³»°Ô·Î ¿À¶ó (¸¶11:20~30)
[À±¹®±â] [08/19] ¹«³ÊÁø ³ª¶ó (¿­¿Õ±âÇÏ 17Àå 1Àý ~...
[À̵¿¿ø] ¿¡½º´õ¼­ °­ÇØ 6 - ¿¡½º´õ 5Àå
[µ¿Àιè] [12/29] Çϳª´ÔÀÇ ¿µ±¤À» À§ÇÏ¿© (»ç 43Àå ...
[±³°èÀÚ·á½Ç] ¼¼°è»ç ¼Ó¿¡¼­ º» 3.1¿îµ¿ / ±è¿ëÁ÷ ±³¼ö ...
±âµ¶±³°¡ º¸´Â Â÷º°±ÝÁö¹ý - Á¦¼ºÈ£ ±³¼ö ...
°Ç°­ÇÑ °¡Á¤È¸º¹ ¹æ¾È / °í¸íÁø ¸ñ»ç (¼ö¿ø...
[¼Û¿ëÇÊ] ¿¹¼ö´ÔÀÇ Ä¡À¯ »ç¿ª
[À¯°üÁö] (0121) ½ÅÃÌ(ãæõ½)±³È¸(ȲÇصµ ¼ÛÈ­±º)
[±³°èÁöµµÀÚ´ë´ã] »õº®±âµµ ½Å¾ÓÀÇ ¿µ¼ºÀ» ¿°¿øÇϸç - ´ë´ãÀÚ...
[±³È¸¼ø·Ê] [´Ù»ç¶ûħ·Ê±³È¸] ¹ÏÀ½°ú Àγ» (È÷10:36-39...
[´ë³óÁ¦Àϱ³È¸] Çսɱ⵵ÀÇ ´É·Â (Çà12:1-1...
[±¸¿øÀÇ ±â»Ý±³È¸] Çϳª´Ô²² ³ª¾Æ°¡´Â ¹ÏÀ...
-

À̸§  
  21TV (ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 2009/03/16
Á¦¸ñ  
 3/22 ¿ø°í

I BELIEVE THESE THINGS ABOUT JESUS CHRIST
John 19:41-42; 20:1; Acts 1:6-11
Dr. Glenn A. Jent, Pastor

INTRODUCTION
        This is the fourth in a series of sermons on The Apostles¡¯ Creed. We find in it a series of statements of what Christians have believed through the centuries. Even non-creedal Christians would have no problem with the statements contained in it, as long as they are not forced to swear allegiance to them in place of the Bible. The creed has a series of 12 statements based upon the work of the three persons of the Trinity and may date as early as the second century. Regardless of its date of origin, its statements are based upon the teachings of the Bible. Today, we will consider belief in events following the death of Jesus.

I.        JESUS DESCENDED INTO HELL (John 19:41-41 and Ephesians 4:8-10).
1.        Jesus did not go to hell—gahenna.
2.        Jesus did go to the realm of the dead—hades.
¡°Hades¡± is the Greek word used in place of the Hebrew ¡°sheol¡± when Jesus referred to Psalm 16:10. Hades is ¡°the realm of the dead.¡± It is the place to which all persons went when they died. Jesus referred to two divisions within hades in Luke 16, in which Lazarus was in Abraham¡¯s bosom and the rich man was in torments—with a great chasm separating the two.
II.        JESUS ROSE AGAIN ON THE THIRD DAY (John 20).
1.        Jesus did not remain in the grave and decay.
2.        Jesus rose from the dead and was seen by over 500 witnesses (see 1 Cor. 15).
Over 500 witnesses saw the resurrected Lord. He did come back from the dead. He is alive forevermore. He came back on the third day, as Jews account time: Friday—the first day; Saturday—the second day; Sunday—the third day. However, He was not in the grave 72 hours, or three days, as modern folk typically account time.
III.        JESUS ASCENDED INTO HEAVEN (Acts 1:6-11).
1.        Jesus did not die again, as Lazarus and others He raised from the dead had to do.
2.        Jesus ascended into Heaven before the eyes of His followers after commissioning them to be His witnesses throughout all of the world.
Jesus Christ remained on earth for 40 days, after which He ascended into Heaven. His disciples saw this event and marveled. They could not stop looking heavenward. They kept expecting Him to return immediately. Two angels appeared and told them that He would come again but that they should get back to work.

CONCLUSION
        I believe that Jesus descended into the realm of the dead, where I believe He preached the Good News to those who were OT believers. I believe He then rose from the dead on the third day, most likely taking with Him those who were OT believers, as many Bible scholars believe, in fulfillment of the Scripture reference to His taking captives with Him. I believe that Jesus ascended into Heaven just after He commissioned His disciples to go into all the world. Even as the angels told the disciples to stop standing and looking up for His immediate return, so we are not to stand around and look up for the immediate return of Jesus. Rather, we are to be busy telling the world about Him. Jesus will come again when the time is right. Only God knows when that will be.
        Do you believe these things? Then, get busy telling others about Jesus Christ!

3/29
3/15