21tv
[±è¸íÇõ] ´Ù½Ã µè´Â ±è¸íÇõ¸ñ»ç ¼³±³ - »çµµÇàÀü °...
[¹Ú¼ºÀÏ] [04/28] ¼ºÀüÀÇ ±âÃʸ¦ ³õÀ» ¶§ (½º3:10-13...
[À̱¤¿ì] [04/28] õ±¹Àº ħ³ë¸¦ ´çÇϳª´Ï (¸¶11:11~...
[À±¹®±â] [08/19] ¹«³ÊÁø ³ª¶ó (¿­¿Õ±âÇÏ 17Àå 1Àý ~...
[À̵¿¿ø] ¿¡½º´õ¼­ °­ÇØ 6 - ¿¡½º´õ 5Àå
[µ¿Àιè] [12/29] Çϳª´ÔÀÇ ¿µ±¤À» À§ÇÏ¿© (»ç 43Àå ...
[±³°èÀÚ·á½Ç] ¼¼°è»ç ¼Ó¿¡¼­ º» 3.1¿îµ¿ / ±è¿ëÁ÷ ±³¼ö ...
±âµ¶±³°¡ º¸´Â Â÷º°±ÝÁö¹ý - Á¦¼ºÈ£ ±³¼ö ...
°Ç°­ÇÑ °¡Á¤È¸º¹ ¹æ¾È / °í¸íÁø ¸ñ»ç (¼ö¿ø...
[¼Û¿ëÇÊ] ¿¹¼ö´ÔÀÇ Ä¡À¯ »ç¿ª
[À¯°üÁö] (0121) ½ÅÃÌ(ãæõ½)±³È¸(ȲÇصµ ¼ÛÈ­±º)
[±³°èÁöµµÀÚ´ë´ã] »õº®±âµµ ½Å¾ÓÀÇ ¿µ¼ºÀ» ¿°¿øÇϸç - ´ë´ãÀÚ...
[±³È¸¼ø·Ê] [´Ù»ç¶ûħ·Ê±³È¸] ¹ÏÀ½°ú Àγ» (È÷10:36-39...
[´ë³óÁ¦Àϱ³È¸] Çսɱ⵵ÀÇ ´É·Â (Çà12:1-1...
[±¸¿øÀÇ ±â»Ý±³È¸] Çϳª´Ô²² ³ª¾Æ°¡´Â ¹ÏÀ...
-

À̸§  
  21tv (ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 2008/11/05
Á¦¸ñ  
 [11/09]¿ø°í

DEALING WITH DEPRESSION: THE DRY TIMES
Psalm 42:1-11; 43:1-5
Dr. Glenn A. Jent, Pastor

INTRODUCTION
        Depression is a common emotional problem in the modern world. It is also a common problem around holiday times, especially Christmas. Even seminary students describe their struggle with it. I also felt its burden in my life. I can see it in the eyes and body posture of people I meet on the street, in the subway, in the marketplace. Thus, I am going to speak about this problem for the next few weeks. This first sermon deals with what might be described as spiritual depression. Let us see what the Psalmist has to say about this issue.

I.        THERE IS PAIN IN THE DRY TIMES.
1.        There is the shedding of many tears day and night, as if one is mourning (vv. 3, 9, 43:2).
2.        There is the pain of feeling downcast, disturbed, & overcome (vv. 5, 7, 11, 43:5).
3.        There is a sense of suffering that feels located deep in the bones (v. 10).
Is your life filled with emotional and spiritual pain? That is NOT God¡¯s plan for your life. He wants you to experience a life filled with love, joy, and peace.
II.        THERE IS PANIC IN THE DRY TIMES.
1.        There is a fearful sense of the absence of God, as if He has forgotten or rejected you (vv.2, 9, 43:2).
2.        There is a miserable sense of being all alone as one no longer goes to God¡¯s house with others (v. 4).
3.        There is a terrifying sense of being oppressed & taunted by others (vv. 9, 10, 43:2).
Do you feel as if God has forgotten or rejected you? God can never forget His people. He promises never to leave or forsake us. Do NOT stop coming to God¡¯s house!
III.        THERE ARE PRINCIPLES FOR THE DRY TIMES.
1.        Put your hope in God, and allow Him to be your joy & delight (vv. 5, 11, 43:4, 5).
2.        Praise God for His love, and sing spiritual songs to Him (vv. 5, 8, 11, 43:5).
3.        Pray to God at night (v. 6), that His light and truth will guide you into His presence in His holy mountain (43:3).
The Psalmist knew much about depression—especially spiritual depression. He knows how to describe it; and, much better, he knows how to overcome it. His principles will help you and me to overcome this age-old problem among God¡¯s people. Do NOT accept a sub-Christian lifestyle!

CONCLUSION
        Everyone faces dry times in the spiritual journey. They cause spiritual depression. You can choose to endure this depression and live a sub-Christian life, or you can choose to exercise the principles offered by the Psalmist in order to overcome the depression. If you follow the principles offered here, you will find yourself coming out of the dry times and empowered to live a life full of joy and enthusiasm. Let us see now: You can choose to continue to weep, to feel overcome by all of life, to suffer, to feel forgotten by God, to be all alone, to be oppressed and taunted by others; OR you can feel loved of God, praise Him and sing songs to Him, and live in His presence. Now, which will it be? Not much of a choice! Yet, many Christians live in the misery of spiritual depression! Do NOT be one of those persons. Live free and happy lives in Christ! Like a deer longing for refreshing water, come to the Water of Life and drink deeply from the love of Jesus Christ.

[11/16] ¿ø°í
[11/02]¿ø°í